ONTarget Club Level Competition Officials’ Course
Ontario needs to run more target shooting competitions and officials are critical volunteers to help meet that goal. Are you interested in becoming a Certified Range Officer for running club matches?
ONTarget Rifle and Pistol Alliance, Ontario’s targetshooting PSO, is hosting a two day Pistol and Rifle Officials’ course, focused on developing club level officials for running Shooting Federation of Canada (SFC) and International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) competitions.
Broadly speaking, participants will learn:
- The role of the competition organisation and match officials
- The guiding principles and philosophy of SFC Officals
- Organising and staffing a club match
- Rules and regulations for common pistol and rifle competitions
- Scoring paper targets
- Submitting competition results to ONTarget and the SFC
- Day 1: General information & Pistol Officiating
- Day 2: Rifle Officiating
We strongly suggest that participants attend both days of training, such that they are able to develop both skills to take back to their clubs. There are more similarities in officiating than differences across rifle and pistol. Being certified allows you to develop your skills in both disciplines quicker and more confidently.
Certified Club Competition Range Officials will be allowed to attend our future Provincial Certification courses (early 2018), eventually becoming eligible to participate in national and international officiating.
The course details are as follows:
- Location: Pan Ams Legacy Shooting Range (The Lou Anderson Training Centre)
- Date/Time: Sat., Oct. 14 & Sun. Oct. 15, 2017 from 9am-4pm
- Cost of the two day course: $80 (include materials, snacks, light lunch and beverages onsite)
- Online Registration